main@NorwayList.groups.io | Help with father (2024)

D. Jennifer Shank

• All Messages By This Member

#1916

Looking for the father of Frederik Jonsen (Sater). I think this might be the right person (

Quick link: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070603520397) but can’t read the fathers surname or farm name, just the first name of Jon.

Any help appreciated.

Jennifer

Marit Næss Jørgensen

• All Messages By This Member

#1917

Hello Jennifer

Here is a page which is a bit easier to read. It seems that the transcribers have had problems in reading Friederich's father's name too, as it does not show here, but the name of the farm is: Larslycken.

Marit Næss Jørgensen
hagedesign.no

T: +47 91 11 10 20
Holmbrua 3

3211 Sandefjord

Bestill min bok her - Order my bookhere:https://www.hagedesign.no

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

12. okt. 2023 kl. 03:01 skrev D. Jennifer Shank <jenohn@...>:

Quick link:https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070603520397) but can’t read the fathers surname or farm name, just the first name of Jon.

Any help appreciated.

Jennifer

Don Angevine
  • All Messages By This Member

#1918

Hello Jennifer,

Tee-ing off of Marit's offering here, I checked the 1838 and 1886 Tax records for a farm 'Larslycken' and came up dry. Tried Family Search for your guy, and first found a burial record, then the 1875 Census, which listed his farm place as 'Harlauglien' in Vågå, Oppland, Norway.

Could poor handwritting for 'Harlauglien' be 'Larslycken'?

'Harlauglien' subsequently found in Tax Lists thru 1950; 'Harlauglien', originally Gnr 153, and changed to 'Harlaug', Gnr 188, and it is known today as 'Harlaug'.

One thing was leading to another and soon I found a 'Tree' with someone else's work that may be of interest and useful.

I also learned we need more activity on this N-List as I'm getting really, really rusty at this! <smile>

Here are some links . . .

Fredrik Jonsen

Mentioned in the Record of Syver Syversen Harlaugeie

Miscellaneous • Norway Church Books, 1815-1930

TREE:

Here is Harlaug of Google Maps:

Hope this helps,

Don Angevine in Maine USA

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, October 12th, 2023 at 2:50 AM, Marit Næss Jørgensen <marit@...> wrote:

Hello Jennifer

Marit Næss Jørgensen
hagedesign.no

T: +47 91 11 10 20
Holmbrua 3

3211 Sandefjord

Bestill min bok her - Order my bookhere:https://www.hagedesign.no

12. okt. 2023 kl. 03:01 skrev D. Jennifer Shank <jenohn@...>:

Any help appreciated.

Jennifer

Don in Maine USA
Moderator

Nice to see some activity on the Norway List.

Regards.

Leonard

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

On Oct 12, 2023, at 3:19 PM, Don Angevine via groups.io <DonAnge_41@...> wrote:

Hello Jennifer,

Could poor handwritting for 'Harlauglien' be 'Larslycken'?

Here are some links . . .

Fredrik Jonsen

Mentioned in the Record of Syver Syversen Harlaugeie

Miscellaneous • Norway Church Books, 1815-1930

TREE:

Here is Harlaug of Google Maps:

Hope this helps,

Don Angevine in Maine USA

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------

Jennifer

Don in Maine USA
Moderator

Marit Næss Jørgensen

• All Messages By This Member

#1920

I think this list is important! I got much info about my US-family-branch through this list. That shows it may be used both directions. :)

Thank you to everyone who participates.

Kind regards from Marit :)

Marit Næss Jørgensen
hagedesign.no

T: +47 91 11 10 20
Holmbrua 3

3211 Sandefjord

Bestill min bok her - Order my bookhere:https://www.hagedesign.no

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

12. okt. 2023 kl. 23:14 skrev Leonard <leonardstrom@...>:

Nice to see some activity on the Norway List.

Regards.

Leonard

On Oct 12, 2023, at 3:19 PM, Don Angevine via groups.io <DonAnge_41@...> wrote:

Hello Jennifer,

Could poor handwritting for 'Harlauglien' be 'Larslycken'?

Here are some links . . .

Fredrik Jonsen

Mentioned in the Record of Syver Syversen Harlaugeie

Miscellaneous • Norway Church Books, 1815-1930

TREE:

Here is Harlaug of Google Maps:

Hope this helps,

Don Angevine in Maine USA

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------

Jennifer

Don in Maine USA
Moderator

D. Jennifer Shank

• All Messages By This Member

#1921

Thanks for the response. Actually the FamilySearch tree is the one I have been working on, and I appreciate the input on the possibility that “Larslycken” could be “Harlauglien” as that would confirm the father.

I have been blessed to have so much help from the Norway list over the years, and while I don’t often make or respond to posts I read all of them and learn so much.

Thanks again.

Jennifer

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

From: main@NorwayList.groups.io [mailto:main@NorwayList.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Angevine via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2023 1:20 PM
To: main@NorwayList.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NorwayList] Help with father

Hello Jennifer,

Could poor handwritting for 'Harlauglien' be 'Larslycken'?

Here are some links . . .

Fredrik Jonsen

Mentioned in the Record of Syver Syversen Harlaugeie

Miscellaneous • Norway Church Books, 1815-1930

TREE:

Here is Harlaug of Google Maps:

Hope this helps,

Don Angevine in Maine USA

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------

Jennifer

Don in Maine USA
Moderator

D. Jennifer Shank

• All Messages By This Member

#1922

Thanks for the response, guess I will have to move on without confirming a christening date for Fredrik.

Jennifer

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

From: main@NorwayList.groups.io [mailto:main@NorwayList.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marit Næss Jørgensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 11:50 PM

12. okt. 2023 kl. 03:01 skrev D. Jennifer Shank <jenohn@...>:

Any help appreciated.

Jennifer

Don Angevine
  • All Messages By This Member

#1923

OK Jennifer. Well then, I guess we know that we are chasing the right person then. <smile>

About the Gard/Farm, the information I gave you is very slightly misleading. I spent considerably more time last night understanding maps in the area, correlated with tax lists, and have more specific, more accurate information that ties everything together . . . it will take a little more time than I have available right now to put an explanation together with links . . . I will get back today, but probably not until late evening Maine time . . .

Don in Maine USA

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, October 13th, 2023 at 12:26 PM, D. Jennifer Shank <jenohn@...> wrote:

Thanks again.

Jennifer

Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2023 1:20 PM
To: main@NorwayList.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NorwayList] Help with father

Hello Jennifer,

Could poor handwritting for 'Harlauglien' be 'Larslycken'?

Here are some links . . .

Fredrik Jonsen

Mentioned in the Record of Syver Syversen Harlaugeie

Miscellaneous • Norway Church Books, 1815-1930

TREE:

Here is Harlaug of Google Maps:

Hope this helps,

Don Angevine in Maine USA

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------

Any help appreciated.

Jennifer

Don in Maine USA
Moderator

Don in Maine USA
Moderator
main@NorwayList.groups.io | Help with father (2024)
Top Articles